MHSAA Scholar-Athlete Award
DEADLINE: November 30, 4:00 p.m.
For 30 years, the MHSAA and Farm Bureau Insurance have honored the best student-athletes in Michigan. Again this year they will award 32 students with $1,000 scholarships based on achievement and leadership in athletics and activities, as well as responses to short-answer and essay questions. In many ways, this is the most prestigious honor the MHSAA awards annually.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
Seniors with an unrounded 3.50 or better GPA who have an earned a varsity letter in an MHSAA-sponsored sport are eligible to apply.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Go to mhsaa.com/scholarship
- Create an account
- Ask your school athletic director for the Access Code
- Click the blue "Check Eligibility" button, enter the Access Code and start the application
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE APPLICATION?
- Applicant information
- List of athletic teams and extra-curricular activities, focusing on achievement and leadership positions
- Two short-answer questions about how athletics and other activities have prepared you for life after high school
- 500-word essay on the importance of sportsmanship in educational athletics
- Two letters of recommendation
HOW ARE LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION SUBMITTED?
You have two options for submitting your two letters of recommendation.
- You can upload the two letters yourself.
- You can enter email addresses for the two recommenders, and they will be sent simple instructions for adding their letters to your account.
WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE?
The deadline is Friday, Nov. 30, at 4:00 p.m. 120 Finalists will be announced in late January and the 32 winners will be announced throughout February. The winners will also be invited to MSU's Breslin Center to be honored during one of the MHSAA's Boys Basketball state final games.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, Contact Paige Winne at the MHSAA: firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-332-5046.