Meet the Teams Night
Meet the Teams Night is back! The Oxford High School athletic office is excited to introduce our fall teams and get the Oxford Community pumped up for the up and coming season.
Information on Meet the Teams Night | Spring Season 2019:
- Date: March 20th, 2019
Location: Oxford High School Main Gym
Remember to visit your team page for schedule and roster information. Go Wildcats!
"It is hard to believe we are already getting into our Spring season," said Oxford Director of Athletics, Jordan Ackerman. "We are looking to keep the momentum from our successful fall and winter seasons going and it starts with Meet the Teams Night."
"We are looking forward to introducing the young men and women that will be representing the Wildcat blue and yellow this Spring. We have a tremendous group of student-athletes and are excited to hit the ground running!"
2018-19 Spring Sports Tryout & Practice Information
For those students wishing to participate in interscholastic athletics at Oxford High School, the following requirements must be met:
- If you have already registered previous school year, you MUST verify accuracy of your info.
- Download APPRYSE physical form BEFORE you go to your doctor appointment.
- SPORT PHYSICALS ARE MANDATORY and must be uploaded to your student's Appryse account before participation in any practice or tryout. A current physical is one performed on or after April 15, 2018.
- Students entering grades 9, 10, 11 and 12 must have passed at least five (5) classes in the previous semester and must have attained at least a 2.0 term GPA.
- EVERY student must have a current physical exam. A current physical is one taken on or after April 15th of the current year. Physical forms are available ONLINE or outside the high school athletic office.
- Transfer, home school and virtual school students must be cleared to participate by the district athletic director.
Questions? Jordan Ackerman: District Athletics Director – 248-969-5110, email@example.com
Girls' Soccer Tryout Information -
- Dates: March 11th-13th
- Time: 3:30pm-5:00pm
- Where to Meet: Wildcat Stadium
- What to Bring: Warm Clothes, Soccer Specific Cleats, Size 5 Ball, Running Shoes
Softball Tryout Information:
WHEN TRYOUTS ARE (if no cuts, when practices begin…)
- DATES/TIMES: March 11 OMS 6-8. March 12 OMS 7-9:15. March 13 OMS 5:30-730
- WHERE TO MEET: OMS Commons
- WHAT TO BRING: Shirt with name or number on back. Tennis Shoes. Glove. Bat. Helmet
Baseball Tryout Information
- You MUST have a physical in Appryse to tryout
- Check www.oxfordathletics.org for any changes to tryouts
5:15-7:15 pm OMS
7:20-8:10 pm East Gym (Pitcher/Catchers Only)
6:15-9:15 pm OMS
7:00-9:00 pm East Gym
8:00-9:15 pm East Gym (Pitcher/Catchers Only)
6:15-9:15 pm OMS
5:15-7:15 pm OMS
5:45-7:15 am (Main gym)
6:30-7:40 pm East gym (Pitcher/Catchers Only)
6 -8 am (Main Gym)
4:30 pm meet in cafeteria for cuts
- Final cuts will be on Wednesday night at the end of tryouts
- A player may be cut early if it is for the safety of the player
- Please be 15 minutes early so we can start on time
- bat (if you have one)
- catcher gear (if you have a set)
- look like a baseball player (hat, shirt tucked in, baseball pants if you have them)
- Please try to have a shirt with your last name on back.
- Cleats are not necessary in the gym. Wear athletic shoes.
- Be prepared to go outside if weather permits
- A grade check will take place before any players is offered a position on a team (please bring a copy of your grades to day 1 of tryouts). Grades and attendance can come into play if a pattern of ineligibility and absences are noticed as an issue.
- Rosters will consist of approximately 16 student-athletes (coaches reserve the right to alter this number as needed)
- Physical must be in Appryse to tryout. Follow the Link To Appryse to register
Teams will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Pitchers- throwing strikes, working down in the zone, off speed pitches (stretch and windup)
- Catchers- receiving pitches, blocking, arm strength, footwork, ability to communicate with a pitcher
- Hitting- contact, power, mechanics, approach at the plate, bunting, situational hitting, exit velo
- Fielding- mechanics, range, footwork
- Throwing- accuracy, arm strength, mechanics
- Base running- speed, fundamentals
- Intangibles- attitude, approach, intensity, toughness, are you all in?, being coachable, how you compete
Boys' Golf Tryout Information:
- First Days of Practice: March 11th-12th
- Where: Top Golf (First Session: 3:30pm-4:15pm | 4:15pm-5:00pm) | Lake Nepessing Golf Facility (Second Session: 5:30pm - 6:00pm | 6:00pm - 6:30pm)
Please Contact Coach Terry Kelley - E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls' Lacrosse Tryout Information:
**Please note: We will be going outside if it is warm enough! Therefore, pay attention to Remind for us to let you know in advance.
March 11th: 4:45-6:45 (Ian Smith gym) OR 5:15-7:15 (Turf) ** weather permitting
March 12th: 3:15-5:15 (Ian Smith gym) OR 5:15-7:15pm (Turf)
March 13th: 3:15-5:15 (Ian Smith gym) OR 5:15-7:15pm (Turf)
March 14th: 4:45-6:45 (Ian Smith gym) OR 5:15-7:15pm (Turf)
The number of days we have tryouts is dependent on our turn out and how much time we need to evaluate. Regardless, we will still practice the rest of the week during the same time slots. If you have any questions, please contact me!
For tryouts, you will need a lacrosse stick, goggles and mouthguard. You must have these in order to participate. Some of the things we will be taking note of at tryouts are: stick skills (cradling, catching, throwing), defensive skills, offensive skills, attitude, work ethic, & sportsmanship. Lastly, you need a physical on file in order to tryout. I am looking forward to getting to know you all this season!! Again, please contact me if you have any questions!
Any questions or concerns please contact Coach Regan: email@example.com or call (248) 506-3024
- Please check the following link for all informaton regarding Track - Oxford Track & Field
Girls' Tennis Information
- Information will be updated here soon. Please contact Head Coach Gayle Bailey: firstname.lastname@example.org