2019 Fall Sports Tryout & Practice Information
Students wishing to participate in interscholastic athletics at Oxford High School or Oxford Middle School must complete the following requirements:
- REGISTER ON APPRYSE – https://app.appryse.com/enroll/ayudsc25
- If you have already registered, please verify accuracy of your information (after July 31st).
- Download APPRYSE physical form BEFORE you go to your doctor appointment!
- SPORT PHYSICALS ARE MANDATORY and must be uploaded to your student's Appryse account before participation in any practice or tryout. A current physical is one taken on or after April 15, 2018.
- Students entering grades 10, 11 and 12 must have passed at least six (6) classes in the previous semester and must have attained at least a 2.0 term GPA.
- Students entering grade 8 must have passed at least five (5) classes in the previous semester.
- Transfer, home school and virtual school students must be approved by the district athletic director before participation.
Questions? Jordan Ackerman, District Athletics Director – 248-969-5110, firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is a listing of all fall sports and the schedule of tryouts and practices to begin the season.
Please check back often as this schedule may change without notice.
OXFORD HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL - http://oxfordfootball.weebly.com/
Head Coach: Bud Rowley; Cell 248-505-8333 or Office 248-969-5127, email@example.com
PARENT MEETING AUGUST 7TH , 7 pm OHS Cafeteria
VARSITY FOOTBALL (Begins August 12) – Wildcats Stadium
Captains Agility – Aug 5,6,7,8th 8:30 am – 9:30 am
- Mon, Aug 12 | Report @ 7:00 am, Practice 7:30 am – 9:45 am AND 11:30 am – 1:45 pm
- Tue, Aug 13 | Report @ 7:00 am, Practice 7:30 am – 9:45 am AND 11:30 am – 1:45 pm
- Wed, Aug 14 | Report @ 7:00 am, Practice 7:30 am – 9:45 am AND 11:30 am – 1:45 pm
- Thu, Aug 15 | Report @ 7:00 am, Practice 7:30 am – 9:45 am AND 11:30 am – 1:45 pm
- Fri, Aug 16 | Report @ 7:00 am, Practice 7:30 am – 9:45 am AND 11:30 am – 1:45 pm (full equipment)
- Sat, Aug 17 | PRACTICE 8:00 am – Noon
JV & FRESHMAN FOOTBALL (Begins August 12) – Wildcats Stadium
Mon Aug. 12 Report @ 7:00 am; Practice 7:30 am – 11:30 am
Tue Aug. 13 Report @ 7:00 am; Practice 7:30 am – 11:30 am
Wed Aug. 14 Report @ 7:00 am; Practice 7:30 am – 11:30 am
Thu Aug. 15 Report @ 7:00 am; Practice 7:30 am – 11:30 am (full equipment)
Fri Aug. 16 Report @ 7:00 am; Practice 7:30 am – 11:30 am (full equipment)
Sat Aug. 17 Report @ 7:00 am; Practice 7:30 am – 11:30 am
MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL – OMS Stadium
- 8th grade: Jeff Bull firstname.lastname@example.org
Equipment needed: Girdle pads, football cleats, chin strap, combination lock, mouthpeice
- Captains Agility: August 19-20-21-22 3-4 pm @ OMS
- First Practice: Aug 26 (Mon) 3:15-5:15 pm @ OMS
- No practice Fri Aug 30 or Mon Sept 3
MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRLS BASKETBALL – OMS Fieldhouse
Varsity Head Coach Rachel Bryer, Cell: (810) 434-4638, email: email@example.com
All you need in order to participate is a current physical and gym clothes!
- Monday Aug. 26th - Open Gym 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Tuesday Aug. 27th - Open Gym 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday Aug. 28th - Tryouts 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Thursday Aug. 29th - Tryouts 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
HIGH SCHOOL CROSS COUNTRY - BOYS & GIRLS
Head Coach: Norman Petersimes Norman.Petersimes@oxfordschools.org
Assistant Coach: Brian Drobnich Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration link- https://forms.gle/cwkFXBNoL3xfjyLk7
Remind code- @hh69ka
MIDDLE SCHOOL CROSS COUNTRY - BOYS & GIRLS
Head coach: Brian Drobnich- Brian.Drobnich@Oxfordschools.org
Assistant Coaches: Jason Cady-Anne Oliver
Summer Conditioning begins in August
Remind code- @omsxc2019
GIRLS JV & VARSITY GOLF Metamora Country Club
Head Coach: Gretchen Gabler (248-935-5350 | email@example.com)
First day of practice / tryouts is Aug 12.
Please contact Coach Gabler for more information.
Head Coach: Alanna Weber Alanna.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mandatory tryouts will take place August 12,13,14 (Mon, Tues, Wed) and will meet two times on all days.
Mon, August 12th -
- 8:30 am - 10:00am @ Oxford Elementary School/Pontiac St. Stadium
- 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm @ Oxford High School Stadium
Tues, August 13th
- 8:30 am @ the Polly Ann Trailhead on Seymour Lake Rd. across the street from Frosty Boys for the 2-miles run
- *5:00 pm - 6:30 pm @ Oxford High School Stadium
Wed, August 14th
- 8:30 m - 10:00 am @ Oxford Elementary School/Pontiac St. Stadium
- *5:00 pm - 6:30 pm @ Oxford High School Stadium
- All players MUST have an updated physical to tryout. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Physicals must be dated on or after 4-15-2019.
GIRLS SWIM & DIVE ( Practice Begins Aug. 12) OHS Natatorium
Head Coach: Jacquelyn Rank (248-821-4712 | email@example.com)
Dive Coach: John Pearson (586-337-7520 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Report to the pool deck at 2:45 pm for conditioning.
- Mon. Aug. 12: Conditioning 3:00 - 4:30 pm
- Bring: physical and water bottle, and wear tennis shoes, shorts, t-shirt
- Tue. Aug. 13: Conditioning 3:00 – 4:30 pm
- Wed/Thu/Fri - Aug. 14/15/16: Report @ 2:45 pm, Swim Practice 3:00 - 5:30 pm
- Swimmers: wear one–piece swim suit, a cap & goggles) Optional: Kick board, pull buoy, fins, & paddles
- Divers: one-piece suit only
- Everyone: bring a water bottle and a snack for after practice.
- Note: The diving practice schedule may be slightly different due to Coach Pearson's schedule. We will determine a schedule as soon as possible. If you are interested in diving, please direct any questions towards Coach Pearson
Head Coach: Ryan Ruzziconi – 248.464.0324 – email@example.com
Tryouts/First Practice – August 12th (Mon) 10:00 am – 12:30 pm OHS Tennis Courts.
VOLLEYBALL – Ian Smith Gym
Head Coach: Brian Kim (Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org - C# (516) 359-1100)
JV Coach: Daneen Kincaid (Daneen.email@example.com)
Freshman Coach: Trevor Marshall (Trevor.Marshall@oxfordschools.org)
VARSITY, JV and Freshman Team Tryouts
Wed – Thu – Fri (Aug. 14 – 15 – 16) 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Must attend all 3 days of try-outs
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for paperwork.