"I want my athletes to focus on training and improvement and have fun competing against some top competitors in Divisions 1 and 2." - Head Coach Jackie Rank
Last night, the Oxford Wildcats did just that against fellow Red team Bloomfield Hills.
"Improving our placement in a few events could result in an increase of 17 points which would decrease their points by 17 and we could win by 2. The boys managed to gain back 5 of the 17 points needed resulting in a final score of Bloomfield Hills 104 – 82 Oxford. We have some technical pieces that we need to continue working on, the biggest one being how we will fight at the end of a race or how we will compose ourselves after a subpar performance in the pool or on the board. These boys are just beginning to glimpse their potential and Paul Howard, John Pearson, and I are excited to help them get there."
- 200 Medley Relay: Oxford's A Relay of Nolan May, ben Datsko, Zach Beatty, and Carter Pollard came in 2nd with a time of 1:44.66.
- 200 Freestyle: Junior Zach Beatty went a season-best time of 1:50.94 to take a close 2nd. Junior Cole Bukoski finished in 4th for Oxford.
- 200 Individual Medley: Junior Nolan May went the 10th fastest time in Oxford history and claimed 2nd place points with a time of 2:10.43. Senior Zach Allion also went a season-best time to take 4th.
- 50 Freestyle: Senior captain Carter Pollard came in 1st with a time of 23.81. Junior Ryan Kuklinsky finished in 4th with another season-best time.
- Diving: Senior captain Evan Covert took 3rd with a score of 164.25. Freshman Keegan Fox learned reverse dives this week to help the team out with a 5th place finish.
- 100 Butterfly: Junior captain Ben Datsko claimed the top spot with a new school record time of 54.03! Zach Allion and sophomore Owen Avey came in 3rd and 5th respectively, both with season-best times.
- 100 Freestyle: Zach Beatty finished 1st with a time of 51.78. Carter Pollard went a season-best time to take 2nd.
- 500 Freestyle: Cole Bukoski took 2nd with a time of 5:26.01. Senior Cameron Mumbrue and freshman Cameron Bukoski had their premier swims in the event to claim some much needed points in 3rd and 4th place respectively.
- 200 Freestyle Relay: Oxford's A Relay of Evan Covert (yes, one of our divers!!), Peyton Nagher, Max Jenson, and Cole Bukoski finished in 3rd with a time of 1:44.02.
- 100 Backstroke: Nolan May came in 1st with a time of 59.01. Ryan Kuklinsky and freshman Jake Olheiser both went season best times to come in 3rd and 5th respectively.
- 100 Breaststroke: Ben Datsko took 2nd with a time of 1:03.68. Cameron Mumbrue finished in 3rd for Oxford.
- 400 Freestyle Relay: Oxford's A Relay of Zach Beatty, Carter Pollard, Cole Bukoski, and Ben Datsko fought hard with a season-best time of 3:30.67 to come in 2nd just 0.07 seconds behind the Bloomfield Hills A team. Oxford's B Relay of Zach Allion, Cameron Bukoski, Ryan Kuklinsky, and Nolan May claimed the 3rd place points for Oxford.