Posted: Oct 18, 2019
The Oxford girl's swim and dive team ended their dual meet season with a 120-65 win over Berkley. They are 8 – 1 overall and 6 – 0 in the OAA White Division. The junior captains, Peyton Bailey and Jenna Fistler, honored the 5 Berkley seniors and the 13 Oxford seniors after the 50 freestyle. Also, in honor of our adopted athletes, this meet was a toy drive for Oakland Family Services. 85 new toys were donated by families from both teams and will be used during the annual Foster Care Holiday Party!
- 200 Medley Relay: Oxford's A Relay of A. Weltyk, G. Charnstrom, C. Schnur, and J. Fistler took 1st with a time of 1:54.12. Oxford's B Relay of P. Bailey, A. Bishop, N. Charnstrom, and L. Mace came in 2nd.
- 200 Freestyle: Senior captain Ashlee Weltyk went a season-best time of 1:57.49 to claim the top spot, just 0.10 off a state cut. Allison Mooney and Mya Shelby finished 3rd and 4th respectively.
- 200 Individual Medley: Sophomore Cali Schnur went a personal-best time of 2:13.98 to take 1st place and move her up to 3rd on the Oxford All-Time Top Ten List. Peyton Bailey and Addie Bishop touched in 3rd and 4th respectively.
- 50 Freestyle: Junior Captain Jenna Fistler came in 1st with a time of 25.33. Grace Charnstrom and Laura Mace took 3rd and 4th for Oxford.
- Diving: Junior Amelia Knotts claimed the top spot with a personal best score of 224.10; she is still 3rd on the Oxford Top Ten List. Peyton Warren and Emily Geda finished in 3rd and 4th respectively.
- 100 Butterfly: Freshman Megan Pavlock came in 4th with a time of 1:12.03. Kristina Myers took 5th for Oxford.
- 100 Freestyle: Junior Nellie Charnstrom finished in 2nd with a season-best time of 59.19. Kaleigh Rogers claimed the 3rd spot for Oxford.
- 500 Freestyle: Junior Grace Charnstrom went a personal-best time of 5:37.41 to take 1st place in the meet and 5th place on the Top Ten List. Allison Mooney and Maddy Lovins came in 3rd and 4th respectively.
- 200 Freestyle Relay: Oxford's A Relay of L. Mace, C. Schnur, A. Weltyk, and K. Rogers touched 1st with a time of 1:47.56. Oxford's B Relay of M. Shelby, E. McCLear, K. Myers, and P. Bailey finished in 3rd.
- 100 Backstroke: Jenna Fistler claimed her second win of the night and is now 5th on the Oxford All-Time Top Ten List with a time of 1:05.09. Nellie Charnstrom and Megan Pavlock came in 3rd and 4th respectively.
- 100 Breaststroke: Cali Schnur claimed her second win of the night with a new school record time of 1:09.89. Ashlee Weltyk and Addie Bishop finished in 2nd and 4th respectively.
- 400 Freestyle Relay: Oxford's A Relay of G. Charnstrom, M. Pavlock, N. Charnstrom, and J. Fistler came in 1st with a time of 3:54.06. Oxford's B Relay of A. Mooney, E. McClear, C. Geda, and K. Rogers claimed 3rd place points with an exciting finish to touch out the Berkley B Relay by 0.12 seconds.
"We have a couple of weeks of training and fine tuning before the league meet, which will be held at Lake Orion High School. All swimmers will be competing in the swimming prelims on Wednesday, November 6th. The diving prelims will be held on Thursday, November 7th. The top 16 individuals and the A and B Relays will be competing at the finals on Friday, November 8th." - Head Coach Jackie Rank