On Friday February 7th, 14 of our Oxford student-athletes signed their National Letter of Intent in front of her family and friends. The signing athletes included:
- Zachariah Barrows | Bowling | St. Clair Community College
- Madelyn Weiss | Volleyball | Shepherd University
- Sarah Tyrrell | Softball | Concordia University
- Ashlee Weltyk | Swim | University of Illinois at Chicago
- Megan Bouren | Soccer | Saginaw Valley State University
- Luke Acton | Bowling | St. Clair Community College
- Anne Cobble | Cheer | Alma College
- Olivia Soule | Lacrosse | Maine Maritime Academy
- Cassie Darling | Cheer | Eastern Michigan University
- Jesse Burch | Baseball | Indiana Tech University
- Antonia Vackaro | Track & Field | Oakland University
- Micayla Burr | Tennis | Midway University
- Drew Carpenter | Football | Northwood University
- Justin Powell | Bowling | Rochester University
- Thomas Smalley | Baseball | Macomb Community College
"We could not be more proud of the student-athletes signing their letters of intent today," said Oxford Community Schools Director of Athletics, Jordan Ackerman. "Some of these young men and women have had this goal their entire lives, while others came into their own as high school students and were able to impress the college coaches more recently."
"The kids signing today are the same ones you see working and perfecting their abilities every day. Many of them are multi-sport athletes who have developed their skills by engaging in a wide variety of sports and activities".
"We are excited to watch them as they move on. I am confident they will continue to make Oxford proud".
The Wildcats defeated Davison 54-36 and improved to 8-6 on the year. With the win, Oxford has now won 3 out of their last 4 games. Trey Townsend led the Wildcats with 28 points and 15 rebounds and Ethan Robinson chipped in 8 points. "It was a really good defensive effort. All of our guys really defended well and forced Davison into some tough shots." - Head Coach Steve Laidlaw
Oxford returns to play on Tuesday at Notre Dame Prep.