Mar 01, 2018
Soccer Tryout Info:
- Tryouts will be held Monday, March 12th – Wednesday, March 14th
- Time: 3:30-5
- Location: OHS Turf Field (if inclement weather, bring indoor shoes/runners to play in the Large Gym)
- Items needed: Shinguards, cleats, indoor shoes or runners, water and clothes appropriate for the weather (cold or rain does not mean we automatically stay indoors)
- There will be a JV and Varsity team only this year (No JV B Team)
- Rosters will consist of approximately 18 student athletes (coaches reserve the right to alter this number as needed)
- All tryout information must be taken care of on the "Appryse" app prior to tryouts. If you are not on the tryout roster, you will not be allowed to try out until it is completed. No physical forms can be turned in on tryout date.
- Teams will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Speed of play – how quickly can players make decisions on the field and execute those decisions. This includes the skill to be able to perform the on field task.
- Competitiveness Level – We are looking for players who can win 1v1 challenges, balls in the air, strong tackling, etc.
- Fitness – Players must be able to contribute in games with their physical ability. Fitness is a combination of endurance and strength.
- Coachability – Player buys in to the team philosophy and can learn and adapt with help from coaches.
- Academic Performance – Grades and attendance can come into play if a pattern of ineligibility and absences are noticed as an issue.
If you have any questions, please email Coach Kimmel